• Recognising its historic foundation, the School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at Parish and Diocesan level.
• The School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
• Our core Christian values are: Love, Hope, Perseverance and Forgiveness.
Our School Aims
We do this by:
• Valuing and respecting each other – every effort and achievement
• Encouraging each other to do our best
• Striving for everyone to achieve their full potential – Aiming high
• Creating a happy, supportive, caring Christian ethos
• Ensuring children enjoy and achieve
• Educating the whole child – spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical – making each feel special
• Creating an enthusiasm for learning
• Providing a broad, balanced, relevant, coherent, progressive, creative and differentiated curriculum, offering all pupils the widest range of stimulating educational opportunities to inspire and motivate
• Valuing and welcoming a positive and fulfilling partnership with families, friends and the community
• Embracing other cultures with love and respect
• Upholding a safe and secure Christian environment, whilst celebrating the diverse nature of our community where all are nurtured and can flourish
• Nurturing self-respect, courtesy, good manners and a caring attitude towards other people, the local environment and the wider world
• Opening doors and widening horizons, offering new experiences and challenges to all
• Developing structures for lifelong learning in order to prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
• Ensuring equality of access and of opportunity for all
• Letting our children shine