At Thornaby C of E Primary School, we celebrate and value every child’s individual strengths. We provide a curriculum full of opportunities for children with different skills, interests and talents in which to thrive and experience success. We provide children with a secure and caring environment, and do everything we possibly can to help them to flourish as a unique individual.
Our Special Educational Needs and/or Disability co-ordinator is Mrs Susan Smith
If you need to speak to our SEND team, please make an appointment via the school office or contact us at school.
Click here to view our school’s SEND policy.
Our SEND offer
We offer a wide range of support and services to all our pupils to enhance their learning. These include:
• High quality teaching.
• A continuous cycle of assessment, planning and teaching, which takes into account
the wide range of abilities. Learning styles and interests of children. The majority
of children will learn and progress within these arrangements.
• Pastoral Support.
• Individualised support as needed for behaviour and/or learning.
• A range of ICT programs to support children at home and school.
• Practical aids for learning e.g. 100 squares, number lines, accessible reading
material suitable to age.
• Concrete apparatus to support kinaesthetic learners.
• Frequent repetition and reinforcement of teaching.
• Structured and supported indoor and outdoor playtimes if needed.
Click on the picture below to read more about our SEND offer.
Click on the picture below for the Stockton LA SEND offer.